Tuesday, June 21, 2011

determined...


oh, my little man. 
at the park today, he refused to crawl up and down the stairs. 
we started playing at the park this march.  in march, he could only crawl. 
with a lot of coaxing.
now, with no help other than the railing, he can walk down the stairs.

it doesn't sound like that big of a deal.  i know that.

however, if you take a close look at the picture, do you see how the stairs come up to his knees? 
would you EVER want to take the stairs if they required that much work?

and check this out... isn't he amazing?



i wish that i would tackle more physical feats with the determination and eagerness that he does.

on that note...

i did another day of couch to 5k today... still the first day, but it counts :)
i used garageband to create a track specifically for that run. 
puck sings me "only the good die young" when i need to jog.
journey sings me "anyway you want it" when i need to briskly walk. 
it's kind of awesome.

one of the parts i hate about running is that people can see you.
(that's part of the reason i was the alto/guitar/piano player. 
i don't like to be seen.)
i've been running with the stroller. 
i'm using it as my crutch.
however, i wish it came with sweatproof handlebars.  :)

1 comment:

  1. DUDE- I hate being seen running, too!! I only run outside when I absolutely HAVE to. Which is dumb, because I need to practice outside more. But I hate it. I'm find in the gym where everyone is gross and jiggling and sweating.

    ReplyDelete