Sunday, January 23, 2011

tradition

It seems like that calendar is getting full of dates that turn into traditions.  Yes, Thanksgiving through New Years seems like a season prime for traditions... especially in our dual-religion family.  I look forward to the next few years as Peter and I are able to tweak our holiday traditions, and share them with Jason and Kayla (as soon as they're old enough to realize what's going on).

Another post-holiday tradition we've been so lucky to be a part of is the "friend holiday dinner."  The group who is invited are the extensions of the Peter/Andro/Layla/Mark/Brian friendship from high school.  It has been hosted in many different places, and is always a great time for food, friends, and laughter.  Last year, Peter and I were able to host.  The only kids there were Jason and Maddie (who were 3 months old at the time).

This year, Mark and Tiffany were gracious enough to open up their beautiful home and host.  The food was delicious and plentiful, it was a wonderful time to see good friends, and to see our two little ones grow to a group of 5! 

I just hope that one day Jason and Kayla learn to appreciate the special bond that their daddy and his friends have.  Also, I know that Jason and Kayla won't have any cousins who live around here for a long time, so Maddie, Ike, and Luke are our family.  It's so fun to watch them grow up and interact.  I can't wait for next year, where both of my little ones will be able to run around and enjoy themselves, and I can't wait for more little ones to join our growing brood.

Here's a few pictures of the kiddos... though I've been told that the mamas trying to get the little ones to smile was much funnier!

 our babies are all grown up.




And here's the latest Tarnawa family picture...
I'm hoping that eventually, we'll get one with J and K smiling.
(they look foreign, don't they?  they must have learned from Peter's parents to not smile in pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment