Tuesday, February 8, 2011

kayla's spring wardrobe wish list

Earlier today, Rachelle and I went to Gurnee Mills to walk intstead of to our usual Hawthorn. 

Gurnee Mills is awesome because it's huge and fabulous for mall walking, not too crowded on a weekday morning, a nice Starbucks that will give you free warm water for bottle making, and has a free aquarium in Bass Pro so Jason and Ike can be entertained by fish!  I wish I took out my camera.  That part was cute.

The problem about Gurnee Mills is there's really no shops I want things for myself in (unlike Hawthorn, where I keep reminding myself that spring is coming and I want to be a few sizes down, and therefore won't buy anything), there are a gazillion shops for babies.  All in the same area. 

Pow!  There's Carters!  Thwap!  Gymboree Outlet!  Zonk!  Gap Outlet!  Kazowie!  Disney Store!

I only bought a few things today... I bought a gift for a birthday party on Sunday, and a dress that was on sale for Kayla's first Valentine's day.  She had a sleeper with hearts, but Rachelle deemed it "suggestive" to wear a sleeper, and I wholeheartedly agree.  And the dress was $7.  And super cute. 

However, if I could have, I would have spent over $400 in a blink of an eye on Kayla's summer wardrobe.  Isn't that one of the fun parts of having a girl?  I can dress her in whatever I like until she gets older, right?  She's like my little doll and I can play dress up.  Too bad the clothes cost money...

Have you ever noticed that if you click on a bunch of items to put in your online cart it almost feels as good as shopping?  I didn't do that today.  I didn't want to know what my grand total was. 

However:
if money grew on trees
if babies didn't grow so fast
if babies didn't spit up 
if babies didn't have big brothers who get into everything
if I knew how to get every kind of stain out
if if if...

this is what Kayla's spring/summer wardrobe would look like.  
At least for this month.  
Next month, the stores will have all new things.  And I'll probably do this again.

Baby Gap:
 Carters:
 Gymboree:
 Old Navy
I stopped there, but I know I'd find even more at JC Penny's and Kohls.  Oy.

1 comment: